- WIFI Kit 32、WIFI LoRa 32 — Based on ESP32 chips，The underlying driver and compilation environment for ESP32 is required
- WIFI Kit 8 –Based on ESP8266 chips，The underlying driver and compilation environment for ESP8266 is required
Installation issues for the WIFI Kit product development environment，we offer two ways：
Compilation environments and routines are constantly updated and we strongly recommend the GitHub approach，This gives you easy access to the latest routines and code！
Install from GitHub
This article takes the Windows 10 operating system as an example. For other operating systems, see：https://github.com/Heltec-Aaron-Lee/WiFi_Kit_series/blob/master/README.md
- Download and install Git git-scm.com
- Must be under the “*** Documents(document) hardware” path（hardware folder may need to be created by the user), right-click, and select “Git Bash”, then execute the following commands in turn：
git clone https://github.com/Heltec-Aaron-Lee/WiFi_Kit_series.git heltec
The above operation is to download the routine and underlying driver of ESP32, ESP8266 to local, but at this time, the relevant hardware cannot be compiled and burned, and a compilation environment needs to be installed.
- ESP32 compile environment installation：
If you only need a compiled environment for ESP8266, you can skip this part of the installation
Open directory“ ***/Documents(/Arduino/hardware/heltec/esp32/tools”double click get.exe
The download process can be a bit slow, if the card is dead, you can close the window and rerun get.exe
When the download is complete, the following files are added to the tools directory
At this point, the development environment of WiFi Kit 32 and WiFi LoRa 32 is installed.
- ESP8266 compile environment installation：
If you don’t need the compilation environment for ESP8266, you can ignore this section
- Install python
- Enter the directory” ***/Documents(/Arduino/hardware/heltec/esp8266/tools “，double click get.py
At this point, the development environment of WiFi Kit 8 is installed.
Get the latest routines and code：
The project’s routines are constantly updated, get the latest code and underlying drivers, go to the heltec directory described previously, and right-click Git Bash input
More detailed installation methods：https://github.com/Heltec-AaroLee/WiFi_Kit_series/blob/master/README.md
Download and install from baidu web disk
If you can’t use GitHub, you can download our packaged software development kit, but the downside is that the development toolset in baidu cloud may not be the latest version.
- Baidu network disk download address：https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kVCGxSV
Unzip the “heltec” folder under“ ***DocumentsArduinohardware ”(this must be the path), restart the Arduino IDE.
After successful installation in any of the above ways, you can see the menu in your Arduino IDE:
And you can use some of the routines we provide:
If you have any technical problems, you can submit to this address：BUG reports，Or send an email to：firstname.lastname@example.org